Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Things to do before the car arrives

  • Sort out new garage, i've rented one starting 1st december, have plenty of space in my own one for the bits if needed, but would like to have everything ready for the car arriving. Before I can use the garage I need:
    • to get the floor painted, I plan on using good quality epoxy, my current garage is so dusty I hate working in it as I come home covered in concrete dust and it gets everywhere.
    • Some shelves and a workbench. My garage is tall and relatively wide so I plan on putting a mezzanine in, and some tall industrial shelving. At the rear will be a workbench, toolboxes and pillar drill.
    • Sort out lighting, air hoses, and power feeds so that i can actually get some work done.
    • Install the car lift if I have one by then.
  • Order the bits I need for the first part of the build, this will leave me with the rear of the car almost at rolling chassis stage. To do this I need:
    • Fuel tank and fuel system
    • Braking system
    • Differential
  • Confirm the colour choice with Chris at BGH
  • Check what ends the flexi hoses are coming with, and make sure the brake lines are Copper/Nickel.
  • Find a fuel tank supplier who can make an alloy fuel tank with a swirl pot and the right connectors.

No comments: