Tuesday, October 7, 2008

More Ordering

Ordered some wheel bearings from Ebay - Very impressed with the Quinton Hazell web site, not only can you still download the good old fashioned catalogues and browse through an amazing about of detail on every single component ever made, but they have a new application called Q-PID which enables some seriously handy searching.  That in itself could have been done of course using the web, but for some reason they chose to make it an application, now thats were normally I'd go back to catalogues.  Today however i noticed it ran on Adobe AIR, which I've never used before, but I gave it a go.  Not only does it work on my Mac-book, its well designed, fast and makes live unbelievably simple.  Using it I could find out what parts would fit, what the competitors part numbers were, and then pump that into Ebay to find the bits I needed. Clever stuff.

I also managed to find some well priced Freelander diffs.  One of them even has a Quaife LSD, hopefully i'll get a bargain on that, if not i'll stick with an open diff.

No comments: