Saturday, March 7, 2009

Current Status

Engine
  • I'm waiting on the engine mounts from Chris, once those are ready I can fit the engine.
  • Wiring will need to wait, until then it should start using the loom.
  • Exhaust, cat, manifold and tail pipe are on order.
Driveline
  • I need lock nuts and washers for the front hubs, then I can get the front end on the ground.
  • On the rear, I need to get the driveshafts as they hold the wheels on, chris should have these ready by the 4th april.
  • I can then bolt up the hub carriers properly.
  • I need to get a reversing box.
  • Once i get the engine, I can measure the size i need for the prop shafts and get them ordered.  Then the car will drive.
 
Suspension
  • Everything is all fitted, but...
  • I need lock nuts for the camber adjuster.
  • I also need lock nuts for the rear camber adjuster.
  • Once the alignment is done, I'll thread lock and mark the bolts.

Steering
  • The track rod ends don't fit, despite having rs2000 hubs, the steering arms aren't the rs2000 size, (or the track rod ends aren't rs2000 sized) so I need to find the right ones, with lock nuts.
  • Once I get the car on wheels and a seat in, I can mount the steering wheel in the right place, until then I can't fit the support.

Cooling System
  • I'm waiting on the engine before I can proceed, until I know where the appropriate hoses are, I can't order the hoses.  I also need the heater matrix so I can make sure the header tank is the highest point.
  • I can fit the radiator though.
Braking
  • Fit the lock nuts to the pushrods and fit the bias bar.
  • Fit the copper brake lines
  • Fit the bias adjuster
  • Find a solution for the flexible hoses, they are M10 Male, and I have M10 Male nipples, or 1/8NPTF holes.
  • Threadlock everything up, bleed the system and good to go.


No comments: