Tuesday, March 3, 2009

4kam installation

I got myself a 4kam bullet camera to record better video in the car.  I installed one camera in the very front of the car pointing through the grill.  I tapped out the bracket in the polo radiator to m6, and mounted the camera through that.  It sits back a little from the grill and gives a good view of the road in front.

The second camera is mounted in the rollover bar, and can pivot to face front or rearwards.  Cables go through the transmission tunnel to provide power and connectivity.  I use a solid state recorder to capture the video at 520 lines.  The recorder can only take a single feed, so I have a switch mounted on the tunnel to switch inputs.  There is a microphone under the dashboard capturing sound, and ultimately I will plug it into the intercom.


1 comment:

Kyle Gordon said...

Sounds like a system done right :-)

good stuff!