Saturday, March 7, 2009

4kam DVR

It was a nice morning today so I went to the garage and got the seven out.  I decided to find a way of powering up the 4kam DVR as the uk charger wasn't working even with my array of adaptors.  I butchered the end off a spare TomTom car charger, which also outputs 5v, and cut the end off the original charger, and soldered them together.  Not surprisingly it worked straight off, so I went out for a drive. Saskia came along too which was nice, we went to Laag Vuursche, had a coffee and the rain looked like it was going to spoil the day, the temperature had also dropped so back we went.

There is an annoying reverberation, which I suspect is the carb hitting the bonnet, so i might have to go back to the original engine mounting after all.

The cameras didnt want to record in colour either, not sure what's going on there, going to have start fault finding I think.

No comments: