Thursday, December 25, 2008

Fury Prep Work

Pressed the studs into the alloy front hubs, stripped out the bearings and studs from the rear assemblies, and started to clean them up.  I'll need to get the rear hubs turned down to fit into the disks, which fit over the top.

Now the garage is taking shape I'll start to get the rest of the donor parts stripped and repaired.  I decided on this build to completely refurb everything. Collapsing bearings and worn seals have been the bane of my life since getting the seven on the road.  

Once the rear hubs are turned down, I'll paint them, press in the studs and new bearings, then assemble the calipers ready to mount. 

The next thing to do is the diff, I have new seals and bearings to fit, but im not sure if i will paint it or not.


No comments: