Sunday, December 28, 2008

Carb fiddling

Got the seven back and it was leaking fuel out the manifold.  Combined with the surging at idle, I'd expect the likely cause to be failed O-rings, so I ordered a set from http://www.fastroadcars.co.uk/ as well as some thackarey washers.   As I will need to remove the carb I ended up buying a carb synchrometer too.  My hope is that speed-on got the idle jets close enough that sorting out any air leaks wont cause it to run badly now.

I did go for a quick blat though, and found the car to run pretty much spot on, the progression is pretty nice, occasionally a little hesitant but I think that will be cured once the air leak is sealed.  I was spinning the wheels in first second and third when it came on cam, so had to take it very very easy.  The fan and oil cooler seem to be working great as its now sitting exactly on 80C when on the move rising to about 90'ish before the fan kicks in and brings it down.

Contemplating going to work and back in it tomorrow.




No comments: