Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Interior Trim

I started with the interior trim in the Fury, anything that I'm likely to come into contact with, which is basically the horizontal panels on the inside are lined with foam sheet, and then covered with Alcantara. The other visible panels will be covered in Alcantara.

Progress is quite quick on this, but I've run out of glue so no more progress until after new year.

IMG_1115

First I cut the foam to size, then covered the foam in Alcantara. For removable panels the aluminum was bonded to the foam, however where the foam fits up to the GRP I will use velcro or trim fasteners to hold it in place.

IMG_1114

Once the foam was cut to size the alcantara was then attached to the foam using contact adhesive.

Starting to cover the interior in alcantara

The Alcantara has a very nice feel and I think it is a good contrast against the orange tubing.

No comments: