Sunday, February 1, 2009

Drive

Got a nice drive in the seven, three things are apparent - quite a lot of bump steer on really bumpy roads, its fine most of the time, but when there's tree roots protruding from the tarmac, and potholes I had to keep the speed down a bit just-in-case; a flat sport around 2500RPM - annoyingly around cruising speed on dual carriage-ways; and a lot of popping on the overrun.

Went to Laag Vuurche which is pretty nearby, drove around in the country for a while before stopping for some refreshments and heading home, got followed by some dude in a VW corrodo with a noisy turbo, as a matter of principle I (relatively) quietly left him standing at a set of lights after he was revving the nuts off his dump valve, but he kept following me around, so i drove like a granny aimlessly for 15 minutes until he got bored and went off to look for some citroen saxo's to abuse.  I can't be arsed racing.

Made it back to the garage and adjusted the idle as it was way too high.  Met Wim, a retired dentist who has a Rosso with a honda VTEC Type R shoehorned into the back, and a VTEC powered mini, and a very very nice workshop.

He is currently undergoing airlock hell bleeding the brakes in the GTM, so I lent him my eezibleed which I swear by as I apparently don't have the ineptitude nor patience for the pump-and-hope bleeding method.


No comments: