Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Rear Hubs

Got my rear hubs back from Frans who got his friend to turn them down to the right size, I got them turned down to 134MM in diameter to fit in the rear brake disks which come as part of the Wilwood conversion.  

I then pressed in the bearings into the rear hub carriers, and after some serious abuse with the die grinder I got the rest of the bearings pressed into the front hubs.  They looks a bit abused now so I will paint them to hide some of the scratches. 

I also fitted a new vice, and will hopefully take the old one back to MachineMart along with my new compressor which seems to have packed up already.  I had been using two together linked between the tanks, i found this quite effective if a little noisy, so perhaps will upgrade it to a bigger unit whilst I'm at it.


No comments: