Thursday, January 22, 2009

New Engine

Checked with a few people, 2007 engine should be the same dimensions ie mountings/exhaust as 2004 onwards.  This means if I can fit the sliding trumpets under the bonnet somehow, I'll get a whopping 10bhp over the 04-06 model, increased torque at lower RPM, and a weight saving.  I'm a happy bunny.  

I made an offer on a 2007 engine kit which was accepted, and will get that delivered to chris at BGH and he can check that it all fits properly.   I will also order a baffle plate so I can get the engine in the car.  Tempted to order a Samco hose kit but I think that may be excessive.

Ordered the NTR Road shocks, after some debate, I decided as a road car, I probably wouldn't notice any benefit from the track version.

Checked with Chris about the reverse box and they will make up the appropriate bracket as required.  Hopefully car will be shipped to them tomorrow ready for work next week.  No progress on the petrol tank though.

Bid on a ramp on Ebay, found a ranger model with the baseless design which means no bolting down, bidding peanuts so probably wont get it.



No comments: