Friday, July 10, 2009

Reverse Box

Not much progress on the Fury due to both the weather keeping me out in the Seven, and the lack of drive shafts which I want before I put the body work on so I can avoid damaging the orange bodywork removing suspension components. I'm assured, any day now.

In the mean time I made a lever for the reverse box, its in a nice position, not in the way of the handbrake and as far forward as possible. I've been learning solid works so I designed a handle which I will make up on a lathe if I can get one. I also designed a handbrake lever cover which will also be made in the lathe.

Reverse box in, with breather hose going to a bottle on the bulkhead

In order to fit the clutch cable I need some sort of spacer to go in between the hole in the bulkhead, the pedal and the cable sleeve, so I designed this, its long so it can be easily shimmed to the right length to provide adjustment if required, it has radiuses on all edges to avoid damaging the cable, and a slot to allow the cable to be fitted with a knuckle on the end if required.

CIMG0636

I installed the transmission tunnel panel work, using m5 rivnuts, i'll cover this in material and use dome headed nuts on the final assembly.

I've now started on the wiring, i want to use as little of the R1 loom as possible, I removed the lighting and instrumentation, but left the connector for the gauges so that I can see any error codes.

The initial loom from the R1

I will then shorten and extend the R1 loom as required, so that it is one small unit with one spur going to the engine and one spur coming to the main fusebox/ignition switch.

I will keep the ignition key, mounted somewhere in the cockpit, as this has the immobilizer transponder in it, but will switch the main power (which in turn switches the ECU on.) not just the bike looms power. I'm slightly nevous about all this as its a big bit of spagetti to begin with, i just hope when i've tidied it all up, it still works.

No comments: