Saturday, April 25, 2009

R1 Spares

I needed some spare parts for the engine I bought:
  • Oil sump gasket
  • Clutch cover gasket
  • Exhaust Manifold gasket - There are four olives in total
  • Oil loop pipe, looking at the front of the engine, from right to left, there is the oil filter, oil cooler, and a 4" long pipe that exits the block moves up for a couple of inches, and then enters the engine again, this was bent so I needed a new one.
I tried Roadrunner Motoren in Arnhem, but annoyingly they wanted to know the license number of the bike so they could look it up in their system, but obviously its not in a bike, let alone a dutch registered one so that wasn't going to happen. I tried with the engine number but my experience with calling [help]desks told me that it was time to cut my losses.

I'm going to Stoneleigh next weekend so I have The Bike Shop in Faversham a call since i'll be passing by at some point, they had the clutch gasket in stock, but will need to order the pipe so I'll pick them up on the way to Stoneleigh next weekend and post the part numbers once I know what they are.

No comments: