Thursday, April 23, 2009

It wont fit

Trying to get the engine to fit, but its not happening for some reason.  The manifold hits the top rail on the N/S, if i move it further to the O/S then it hits the top rail for the pedal box, if I move it forward, there's no plate to bolt the mounts onto.  Much confusion.

I've cut down the mounts where I can to give me more room and once I have the right holes made, I'll weld the right brackets back on, but its turning into a palava now as I want it low, as far back as possible, level, and exactly in line with the reverse box which is now fitted, I'd like to make up some spacers for the reverse box so that it doesn't use shims to get the height.  I've decided to put the reverse box in such a position so that the angle between the horizontal and vertical of both prop shafts is the same to reduce the amount of angular displacement, and subsequently the vibration as each prop shaft turns.  The alternative is to have the smaller one do most of the vibrating as its smaller and lighter this may be better.

Both props are adjustable length, and I can change the shims in the reverse box, so I can change my mind on this relatively easily.

No comments: